Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Grab Bag Catch Up!


We had a lot of rain last week from the tropical storm that came up from Florida. Afterwards, there was a huge double rainbow! It was beautiful! By the time I hurried home and got the camera out, it was almost gone. You might be able to see a tiny bit of it just above the trees in this picture.


The sun started coming out while it was still raining, making the whole yard misty and foggy!

It had rained so much that our huge Dogwood tree was soaked and bent toward the ground. We had a small stream running through the yard! Exciting for drought ridden Georgia!


I was telling a friend through email that Rich often brings me flowers for no reason. We must have some sort of mental connection, because that afternoon he brought me two bunches of Gerber Daisies! They've lasted all week -probably because I've had to keep them on the kitchen counter, away from the cats!

I read a recipe called Chicken Noodle Casserole. I started craving homemade chicken noodle soup or chicken and dumplings! So, I decided to put all the stock veggies in the crock pot and then add some chicken. Tonight, I'll make homemade dumplings (like thin noodles), using the stock from all these goodies!

No comments: